The Treasurer, Dominic Perrottet MP, handed down the 2019-20 NSW Budget on 18 June delivering on the election commitments for residents of NSW.
For more information on the specific commitments that the Department of Customer Service is responsible for, refer to the Budget Papers.
The budget includes changes to payroll tax and transfer duty, and relief from surcharges for some foreign retirees. Read more.
As of 1 July 2019, NSW Revenue officially became part of the newly created Department of Customer Service, and some key changes came into effect relating to duties, land tax and payroll tax, including:
- indexation of duty thresholds
- extension of the surcharge purchaser duty exemption
- ability to lodge applications online via the eDuties online portal
- new electronic duties return (EDR) document types
- an exemption from surcharge purchaser duty for retirement visa holders who buy residential property in NSW