Authority Update VIC: Improvements to digital duties forms

Improvements to claiming digital duties forms

Victorian State Revenue Office (SRO) are improving the way digital duties forms are claimed in Duties Online (DOL).
These improvements, which apply from 26 March 2018, include: 

  • A new settlement statement code - this code will now be generated on the Settlement Statement directly underneath the Duties Form ID. The addition of the Settlement Statement Code prevents a form being inadvertently claimed twice and enhances security.
    From 10 April 2018, you must enter both the Digital Form ID and the Settlement Statement Code when claiming a digital duties form.
    A new video on this has been created here
  • Label name change - in the concessions drop down list, the 'first home owner concession' label has been renamed the 'first home owner with dependent children concession'. This clarifies the nature of the concession and reduces confusion.
  • Pre-population of email addresses - when inviting a person to sign their digital form, email addresses entered in the transferor/transferee section can now be pre-populated. You can also select a previously entered or new email address.
  • Foreign companies incorporated in Australia - you only need to enter the ABN/ARBN/ACN under the transferor/transferee details as you will not have an overseas entity registration number.
  • Email subject line - the property address related to the digital form will automatically appear in the email's subject line.
  • No contract of sale - the nomination question, 'Is the transferee(s) the same person named as the purchaser(s) named in the Contract?', has been amended to include 'or agreement'

Find out more about the digital duties form on their website

Read more Authority Updates - Victoria

Disclaimer: The information herein has been prepared by SAI Global Property Division Pty Ltd ACN 089 586 872 from information released by the Authority cited on this page. It is provided as general background information only; it is not complete; and it does not comprehensively address this subject matter. Readers should not consider the information so provided as advice nor as a recommendation to take any particular course of action. Persons needing advice should consult their own solicitor, accountant or other professional adviser.