Authority Updates - Victoria - October 2016

State Revenue Office (SRO) duty refunds

From 3 October 2016, the Victorian State Revenue Office have mandated electronic lodgement of duty refund applications.

What's Changing

All duty refund applications will need to be lodged electronically through Duties Online (DOL), if you are a registered user or individuals can apply through the public lodgements system

How SAI Global can help

As Registered Duties On Line (DOL) Agents, SAI Global can lodge refund applications on your behalf.

Customers wanting to apply for a refund can place an order through Search Manager, via the Settlement and Legal service tab. As part of the application the following information/ documentation will be required;

  • Transaction ID (ID associated to the transaction you are requesting a refund for)
  • Lodgement category e.g.
    • Family Farm Exemption
    • Off the Plan
    • First Home Buyer Duty Reduction
    • Pensioner
    • Primary Production and Water Entitlements
    • Principal Place of Residents
    • Other (please supply comments)
  • BSB, Account Number and Account name where the refund is to be paid (refunds will only be paid to the transferee/purchaser of the property)
  • Supporting Documentation

What are the benefits?

By Lodging these applications online, SRO will be supply a refund ID number to track the status of the refund. There is also a quality check in place to ensure the correct bank account details for the refund have been entered.

The turnaround time for refunds is up to 60 business days but will be determines by the complexity of the matter.

If you do not have access to Search Manager or require further information please contact us on 1300 730 000.

Read more of Victoria Authority Updates

Disclaimer: The information herein has been prepared by SAI Global Property Division Pty Ltd ACN 089 586 872 from information released by the Authority cited on this page. It is provided as general background information only; it is not complete; and it does not comprehensively address this subject matter. Readers should not consider the information so provided as advice nor as a recommendation to take any particular course of action. Persons needing advice should consult their own solicitor, accountant or other professional adviser.