Authority Update - NSW - Updated purchaser/transferee declaration

Simpler purchaser/transferee declaration forms
Since the declaration was introduced, feedback has been suggested to make it shorter, less complex and able to be filled out electronically.

OSR NSW have split the form into two types, one for individuals, who use the form in more than 90 per cent of cases, and one for non-individuals.

What you need to know
A declaration must be completed by every person or entity entering into a duties transaction that results in the acquisition of an interest in land in NSW.

Each purchaser/transferee will need to complete their own declaration and have it witnessed in accordance with the Oaths Act 1900.

By signing the form, you declare that the required evidence will be presented to OSR upon request.

If the required evidence is not sighted and retained by the legal representative the declarant must be informed of their obligations under the Taxation Administration Act 1996 (Section 48, retention of records and Section 53, retaining records for a period of not less than 5 years).

Fill out the declaration
Read the explanatory notes and supporting evidence requirements (ODA 076 EN) before you fill out the declaration.

Complete the relevant declaration:

Once completed, the forms must be printed, signed and witnessed. Each purchaser/transferee needs to complete their own declaration

Transitioning to the new form
While the new, shorter forms should be used immediately, you may use the previous form if you have already completed it.

Read more of New South Wales Authority Updates

Disclaimer: The information herein has been prepared by SAI Global Property Division Pty Ltd ACN 089 586 872 from information released by the Authority cited on this page. It is provided as general background information only; it is not complete; and it does not comprehensively address this subject matter. Readers should not consider the information so provided as advice nor as a recommendation to take any particular course of action. Persons needing advice should consult their own solicitor, accountant or other professional adviser.