Moving beyond compliance towards sustainable development is not only good for the environment, it also add significant value to the bottom line
Responsible business leaders view environmental compliance as a means to improve relations with their stakeholders —and at the same time manage the risks and regulatory burdens associated with environmental regulations.
- SAI Global has the extensive industry experience, the tested methodology, and the global assessment staff to add value to your environmental program and help you improve the way you do business.
- Our unique five-phase, data-driven methodology for improving processes helps mitigate risk and drive continual improvement through a variety of customized environmental management programs.
SAI Global’s global reach and industry expertise extends the reach of your staff and provides timely and reliable information to make critical decisions that accelerate the achievement of mission-critical objectives.
Move Beyond Compliance Toward Environmental Sustainable Development
With a long history in environmental standards, and valuable first-hand experience, SAI Global can help your company conform to environmental regulations without worry. At the same time, you will move beyond simple adherence to command and control statutes, regulations, and permits, towards the worthwhile goal of sustainable development.
In addition to conserving vital natural resources, many manufacturing and service companies who strive for sustainable development benefit from reduced operating costs, increased efficiencies, lower risk and liability, and better community relationships.
Many leading companies have also learned that there is a significant competitive advantage associated with sustainable development because it leads to lower costs of production or higher differentiation of their products or services (Refer to Table 1 – Moving Beyond Environmental Compliance).
Moving Beyond Environmental Compliance
- Regulatory Requirements – Demands and mandates imposed by government regulators. There are tens of thousands of pages of environmental regulations alone.
- Beyond Compliance – Investment in management systems and voluntary programs, including ISO 14001, Voluntary Site Remediation, Responsible Care, Compliance Management Systems, etc.
- Sustainable Development – Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
The primary motivation of moving "beyond compliance" is often to protect the environment and create goodwill with regulators, the general public, and other stakeholders. Companies who move toward “sustainable development” are usually implementing the best environmental management practices that are internalized into business processes and the organizational culture of the company. This can translate into lower costs, better public relations, and increased sales and profits for your company.