The Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) has designed the SQF standard to be flexible and thorough, enabling an audit and certification process that ensures QMSs are validated throughout the supply chain and throughout the world. The benefits your organization will see from achieving SQF certification are many, but here are a few highlights:
- Simplified requirements make certification less intensive yet allows for sector-specific focus in your certification.
- Achieving SQF certification means an organization can provide proof of due diligence, and show the market that as an organization they proactively identify and manage risk. The standard encourages responsible manufacturing and agricultural processes which helps to increase product yield by reducing material waste.
- SQF utilizes a two stage audit process (document review / facilities review) that allows organizations a chance to address issues prior to the facilities audit, facilitating a more streamlined facilities audit and smoother overall certification process.
- SQF is the only GFSI benchmarked standard that provides certification for production, manufacturing, distribution and agent/broker mgmt.
- SQF allows organizations certified at Level 3 to place the SQF quality shield on products, providing proof of their commitment to food safety and product quality.
- The SQF assessment database provides reporting for organizations to access past audits and certificates, and more easily conduct internal audits.
For more information, watch our webinar on the SQF Code Edition 7.