PACsecure is a HACCP-based standard for the packaging industry.
The PACsecure standard was developed under the following assumptions:
- The need of a Food Safety Program that includes packaging materials that have been manufactured to a recognized voluntary standard based on HACCP principles
- Industry wide usage of the standard, both domestic and imports
- High industry and public awareness of the need for a recognized standard
The standard is comprised of 2 key elements:
- Prerequisite Program – Common Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for the converting industries.
- HACCP Standards for Specific Conversion Processes.
- Flexible & Rigid Plastic
- Metal & Glass (under development)
The standard include workbooks to assist users with implementation.