Leading organizations monitor and continually improve their environmental performance by achieving and maintaining registration to recognized standards and/or programs such as the ones listed below:
- ISO 50001, provides a structured approach to energy management that businesses can adopt to manage their energy use effectively with clear and distinct results on bottom-line savings.
- RC14001®, a technical specification that combines the environmental, health, safety and security elements of the American Chemistry Council's (ACC) Responsible Care® (RC) initiative with ISO 14001.
- RCMS, a technical specification document developed by the ACC, specifies an RC management process to effectively manage environmental, health, safety and security risks.
- Verification of GHG Reports, a goal of earning a SAI Global Verification Statement concluding that your organization's GHG inventory is accurate, complete, consistent, relevant and transparent. This is realized through an assessment to identify any material discrepancies in the GHG data.
- Environmental Notes, Finding information to support the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement required by ISO 14001, RC14001 and other Standards can be time intensive. The Environmental Notes section of SAI Global’s site can be used as a resource in your efforts to improve your management systems.
- BAN e-Stewards®, an environmental, health and safety management system (EHSMS) standard that assists organizations in the electronic waste recycling chain to manage the EHS effects of processing and exporting used and end-of-life electronic equipment.
ISO 14001 Fast Facts
- Almost 5,000 organizations in the United States are ISO 14001 certified.
- Almost 7,200 organizations in North America are ISO 14001 certified.
- More than 188,000 organizations worldwide are ISO 14001 certified.
- There are ISO 14001-certified organizations in 155 countries/economies.
- Worldwide, ISO 14001 certifications grew by more than 77,000 from 2004 to 2008 - a 70% increase.
- Forty-five certification bodies are accredited by ANAB for ISO 14001 environmental management systems. (ANSI - ASQ National Accreditation Board)