Safety, airworthiness, product conformity and reliability are all key aspects of AS9100, the aerospace quality standard. These quality requirements are crucial to aerospace OEMs, which maintain high levels of liability for their product standard. Because product performance can be affected by a failure to handle parts and materials correctly, AS9100 addresses the complexity and diversity of the industry's supply chain. The standard takes into consideration the complete life cycle of aerospace products.
The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) defines individual manufacturing approvals through its Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) and laws mandating compliance. Subsequently, AS9100 is rapidly becoming a prerequisite for doing production in the aerospace business, as many original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) only work with suppliers that are certified to the aerospace standard. Also, many International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) member companies have deployed AS9100 within their own organizations.
AS9100 Improves Your Business
The aerospace quality standard is based on ISO 9001:2000, with nearly 100 additional requirements specific to aerospace. AS9100 provides suppliers with a comprehensive quality system focused on areas directly impacting product safety and reliability in the aerospace industry, including:
- Configuration Management - requires that a management discipline be applied over the life cycle of an aerospace product to provide visibility and control of its functional and physical characteristics;
- Design - ensures that design responsible organizations have a robust design process to meet safety and reliability requirements demanded by the aerospace industry;
- Purchasing - requires suitable controls over the organization's entire aerospace supply chain;
- Product Realization - ensures that each phase of product realization, from planning to shipment, is tightly controlled for delivery of conforming product; and
- Product Monitoring/Measurement - that defines requirements for product validation prior to shipment.
SAI Global: Your trusted AS9100 Certification of Choice
SAI Global has the in-depth, broad based aerospace industry experience your company requires to meet the expectations of aerospace OEMs, prime suppliers, and other key stakeholders in the aerospace industry.
Our highly-qualified aerospace experienced auditors (AEAs), with extensive aerospace work experience, have registered some of the leading aerospace OEMs and prime suppliers, as well as regulatory bodies and the aerospace supply chain. SAI Global's AS9100 auditor team is among the most highly qualified in the world. You will find AS9100 auditors who are well versed in aerospace unique requirements, and are able to speak your aerospace language.
SAI Global maintains one of the largest staff of AEAs among aerospace registrars, enabling us to easily meet customer scheduling requirements.
As more and more aerospace OEMs require AS9100 throughout their supply chain, it makes good business sense to choose a registrar that adds value to the registration process. From the time of initial application to the delivery of the AS9100 registration certificate, efficient and streamlined processes are in place making the registration process understandable and achievable.
AS9100 Gives Your Organization a Competitive Advantage
When your organization aligns to the aerospace AS9100 standard, it not only reaps quality and efficiency benefits, but also is better able to meet customer expectations. Registration can also provide a competitive advantage by:
- Aerospace Experienced Auditors (AEAs) identifying opportunities for operational improvements and cost reduction;
- Improved audit and surveillance efficiency;
- Reduced number of customer audits required, and a corresponding reduction in needed resources;
- Enhanced supplier performance due to higher quality, waste reduction, and a customer satisfaction focus; and
- Streamlined documentation.
Click here to request a quote on SAI Global's AS9100 registration services.