ISO 9001 was first released over 30 years ago, and now more than one million organisations have achieved certification to its requirements. This makes it one of the most recognisable certifications in the world and is adopted in virtually all industries - from large, multi-site, multi-national organisations to small, single locale businesses.
Why Quality Management is Important
Organisations that implement an effective Quality Management System benefit from stakeholder and customer confidence, improved risk management and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
A Quality Management System is what ensures a business' products or services meets a certain level of quality; that is, they are reliable, safe, consistent, meet customer expectations, continuously improve and comply with the law.
Benefits of ISO 9001 Quality Management Certification
- Demonstration of quality with the very recognisable “Five Tick” Standards Mark
- Improved efficiency and reduction in costs
- Better customer experience and management
- Effective risk management strategy
- Competitive advantage and broadened market scope for contracts and tenders (especially government)
- Enthused and engaged staff management with documented processes
- Utilisation of best practice management and strategy.
ISO 9001:2015 is now available
The ISO 9001 Quality Management System - Requirements Standard has been significantly updated to meet current market best practice.
What are the changes?
ISO 9001:2015 significantly differs from the 2008 edition, with:
- A stronger focus on risk management and customer satisfaction
- A new structure to align management systems Standards
- More emphasis on leadership and commitment
- Fewer prescriptive requirements
- More requirements on communication and strategic alignment
- Formal introduction of ‘interested parties’.
Find out more about the changes