There has never been a better time to adopt the OHSAS 18001 Standard as the foundation for your Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Using SAI Global’s expertise in this way will allow you to identify those new requirements yet to be met, and structure a course of action to improve your system.
Update your System
Key improvements in OHSAS 18001: 2007 include:
- Greater harmonisation with ISO 9001 Quality and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Standards
- A greater emphasis on the “health” as well as “safety” in maintaining a safe workplace
- Inclusion of management systems planning tools, including the hierarchy of controls.
- Requirements for consultation.
- Strengthened requirements for investigation of incidents.
With these improvements SAI Global is poised to further coordinate and integrate the approach to your audit. Your audit will focus on ensuring your system is designed to manage your risks, whether they are Health & Safety related, or other risk management themes such as risks to the environment or your quality reputation.
Our expertise lies in assisting organizations to demonstrate their commitment and develop their potential via independent assessments. Our auditors independently assess important areas of your operations, seeking clarification and proof that your goals and obligations are being met and report on the status of your system. These reports will enable you to make decisions or take action in a timely manner to give you the confidence that your Occupational Health & Safety commitments are being met.