The BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution is designed to establish best practice requirements for the maintenance of product safety and quality during the storage and distribution of products from manufacturers to the end user, retailer or caterer. The standard is equally applicable for food products, consumer products and packaging materials.
- Hazard and Risk Analysis System
- Quality Management Systems – Based on the principles of ISO 9000 and including product traceability and recall management
- Senior Management Commitment and Continual improvement
- The site environment and operating standards – including maintenance, cleaning and pest control, product handling and where applicable temperature controls
- Vehicle Operating Standards
- Facility Management
- Good Operating Practices
- Personnel – including the training and personal hygiene requirements for the staff
Intended specifically for wholesalers who purchase product for sale under their own brand label and includes sections on supplier approval, specifications and product testing to give confidence to the purchasers of these products.
Contracted Services Module:
Intended to cover additional activities which may be carried out on packaged products on behalf of the brand owner (i.e. freezing, secondary packing, production of multi packs or assembly of promotional /gift packs).
Features & Benefits:
- Storage and Distribution modules combine to form a core module in 8 logical chapters
- Risk based approach to compliance when applying the Standard to handling consumer products and packaging
- Clear expectations for product handling and vehicle operations
- Section on management commitment – clearly recognizing the importance of this in achieving certification
- Additional contracted services – recognizing the increased range of services now provided for customers
- Guidelines on auditing multi-site distribution companies
- Performance based audit frequencies and processes for corrective action review
SAI Global – Global coverage
As a result of our global capabilities we are able to fulfill BRC Global Standard Storage and Distribution audits no matter where you or your customers are located. Additionally, whether you are looking for risk assessment, gap assessment, staff training or certification, SAI Global has the following solutions:
- Risk Assessment and Gap Assessment
- Public and on-site training
- Internal Audits (if you are not Certified by us)
- Certification to the internationally recognized BRC Global Standard – Storage & Distribution
To learn more about this Standard or inquiry about a GAP Assessment, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or request a quote clicking here.